Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Day at the Great Pumpkin Farm



The family spent the WHOLE day at The Great Pumpkin Farm and we had lots of fun.  We have been coming here since my oldest son was only 3 months old and the kids look forward to it every year.



Isn't this sign great! 
The signs around this place are amazing.



  


There was so much to do too! 




The kids had their faces or hands painted.


Wagon rides through the fields while they shot pumpkins out of cannons over your head. 


Went through a mild Haunted House maze, the kids held a firm grip on our hands.


A magic show and a jugling act.
Pumpkin decorating contest, craft events, scarecrow decorating, pumpkin carving, petting zoo,             corn mazes, carnival rides and that is just a few more things we could have done. 
There are new events going on until Halloween weekend.



A playground of slides made with large tubes.


A children's pie eating contest. 
Who could say NO to FREE pumpkin pie?


This is my son Chase's proud moment. 
He came in THIRD place.

All of these fun events I mentioned were FREE today. 
BUT, there was so much more! 

FOOD!



Don't you just love it, a chandelier at a BBQ cook off!
Wicked Grillers, she said they are from New Jersey and her next stop is Florida. 
I just love the attention to details.



Now these guys have won some awards for their BBQ and they mean business.

Beside the BBQ cook off, there was your typical fair food, hot dogs, fries and lots of sweets.

One of our favorite foods to get are the pumpkin cookies and some hot apple cider, YUM!  They have fresh baked goods that are sold in the on site bakery. 
 There is so much good food to be eatten.
  

Someone got my first bite.


Maybe it was him, he seemed to have a sinister look about him. 
 The insides of the buildings were full of vintage decorations.


 

Did I mention you could buy pumpkins?
There were plenty to choose from.


The HUGE barn is also filled with Halloween decorations, from bats to witches, they seemed to have everything needed to set up your own haunted house.



I must say I was surprised that Mr. M. was agreeable to stay for the whole day. 
 I think it had to do with the kids not arguing and fun for the whole family.

Now I am off to do some decorating, I came home with lots of spooky ideas.

I hope you all had a great weekend too!



11 comments:

  1. Alaina, this pumpkin patch looks like so much fun! We have a similar one here, but it's not quite as wonderful as yours... we have to pay for all the fun stuff (bummer)! Your son looks so cute, so proud of himself to have won!! I just love those sweet childhood moments that you know they're going to remember when they grow up. :)
    Thanks for sharing your fun family day with us... it was fun tagging along. :)
    Have a great week!
    Hugs ~ Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Jealous beyond belief. That looks like a lot of fun. The last time I went to something like that was an apple cider farm fest. And that was moons ago.

    Coming in third in a pie eating contest is something to be treasured for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen something so extravgant reguarding Halloween.

    wow. I thought our pumpkin patches around here were a big deal.

    The kids must have had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to spend the day!! Just my kind of place to enjoy the great Fall weather, food, and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When we lived in suburban hell, I used to go to a really picturesque, similar farm called "Springridge Farm," which is on the way to Toronto. I love this time of year, and the kids had a great time hopping around on the haystack mountains.
    That pic of the pumpkin pyramid was quite impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like lots of "ghoulish" fun!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like an amazing place! The pumpkin pyramid is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  9. We don't have a pumpkin patch as cool as this one anywhere close to us...it looks like a great place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I SENT YOU AN EMAIL.
    mR. PAINT IS GOING TO ROAR WHEN HE SEES OIL PAINT ON HIS KEYBAORD HERE. THIS WAS PECKED OUT WITH MY PINKIES.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like so much fun! Thanks for posting all of these great pictures.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each and every comment you leave. Thanks for stopping by.