Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Month of Birthdays



So, it has been awhile now since I have come to visit. 
Lots of projects to do.

For many of us Spring is here, or at least for a little while.
I know that I do not really have to start weeding, because this is BUFFALO and there will be
MORE SNOW!

However, the weeds will still grow.
I have started.
I can't wait to get to planting, as I wander around assessing the weed situation, 
I also am taking mental notes as to where I want to add a new plant or ten.

This weekend though, we took a break from cleaning, painting, weeding and raking to celebrate.

THE MONTH OF BIRTHDAYS.

Each month we get together at my father's home to celebrate all of the birthdays during that month.
Each birthday person has a favorite cake made for them.
I made my brothers' a cheese cake with blueberry sauce on top, I used my mother's recipe.
Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on how you think about it.
I brought home NO leftovers.
My oldest son said it was his favorite and when will I make it again.

This day of celebration is more a reason to get together.
AND LAUGH.
Oh boy did we ever.
It is a time for my husband and my sister's husband to fight over who gets to take a nap on the couch.
The children play outside if the weather permits. 
 We were so lucky, the temps were in the 70's.
I could enjoy the rest of Spring like this.

Now we look forward to April's birthdays.

I hope all is well with you all.
I will have pictures of the basement soon.




5 comments:

  1. I am fully expecting this good weather to last now. It would be too cruel for it to go back to the normal weather now. We've been spoiled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    ARBOR HOUSE LANE
    Amazing blog post as always! I am very glad to see your post, I located what I was in search of here
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear friends Happy Birthday Month ! :)

    All the beauty in what you post is always so inspiring soulfully.

    Thank you dearest for your loyal visits and best of all the beautiful thoughtful words that compliments ones passion for creating and posting. You are truly a lady to love.
    xx
    Dore
    Have a beautiful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think these are certainly the best of times...when we celebrate with family. I am so glad you have such a close family dear one. Now I am craving cheesecake: )
    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Alaina,

    I hope you are enjoying your spring. We had the mildest winter in NJ that I can recall and now that Easter is around the corner it's turned cold! :/ Typical.
    I too am looking forward to working in the gardens.
    You are blessed that everyone is close and knows the importance of making time for family. I hope everyone enjoyed their birthdays.
    I miss 'seeing' you.

    Your Friend,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each and every comment you leave. Thanks for stopping by.