Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, October 8, 2012

The Scare is Nearly There



I can check the living room mantel off my list of things to do.
While watching cartoons with the kids last week, I was able to get the mantel decorated.
One mantel down, two to go.


I have more of a black and white theme going, with pops of red.


You can't go wrong with those dollar store crows.
Do you see the tag I need to cut off, funny how those things can be missed until you look at the big picture.



I love the Inn sign, a project from last year, trace and paint.
One of my favorite and simple decorations are the paper bats that I glue to the walls.
YES, I did say glue. 
 A little hot glue, most of the time it does not bother the walls.
They just pop off when I am ready to take down the Halloween decorations.

The kids are getting antsy for a Halloween craft project so I am hoping to finish my decorating this week.

How about you?
Are you all decorated for the season?

or 

Are you looking through all of the new magazines out there dreaming of Christmas.
Yep, I must say, I too have glanced at the magazines and already come up with a few decorating ideas for this year.






4 comments:

  1. I love your mantel decorations:-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great as always!!! Love the black and white...

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOT GLUE ON THE WALLS! Damn, Alaina, I would never have thought of that. I love your halloween decorations. It proves once again that you approximately 1000 times more fun than I am! Hooray! No, I don't have anything up yet. Maybe soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cleverly spooky display! I'm sure your children are enjoying it - I know mine just love Halloween. But like you, I'm already digging into those fabulous Christmas mags. :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each and every comment you leave. Thanks for stopping by.