Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Hot Pink and Lots of Color



I am sure you would not think of me and HOT PINK.
Color, yeah some here and there for as long as I can stand it.

No, this is my little girl's room.
I found an awesome hot pink chandelier.

3 Light Mini Chandelier Color: Hot Pink
found here.

and 

Packed with color rug.

4' x 6' Fiesta Shag Rug
found here.

We plan to glue lots and lots of butterflies on the wall.


image found here.

I was lucky in my visit to my favorite SALLY and found a vintage chair to reupholster with some pretty vibrant fabric.

This weekend I am putting the final coat of paint on the wall.
My daughter is super excited to be able to move back into her room next week.
Just in time to have 9 silly, screaming girls over for a slumber party.

I was lucky that my mom let me choose how I wanted my room to be,
 even if she did not like the color choice.
 So, do you let your kids pick out their room colors or do you choose what they will have.



6 comments:

  1. It's going to be fantastic! I love everything, especially those butterflies. Yes, my mother let us pick everything out as long as it was reasonably priced. And it has worked the same with my daughters except they seemed to have a lack of interest later in high school. Not sure why. That gave me the okay to go ahead and repaint in colors that I liked!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! I'm sure she will love it! I had so much fun decorating my room the way I wanted when I was young...and yes, it was filled with pink! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to do à while lot of little birds on a wall for my daughter at her request.
    Oh, I saw your comment over at Annes' regarding spam, and your right a lot of this is going around, I am getting several a week from random bloggers, you can open the mail, but don't open the link as you have done with Anne.

    See you soon and all you inspire...A beautiful weekend to you.
    Xox
    Doré

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful chandi! Your daughters room is going to be lovely. I try to let my girls pick their own colors and decor - to a point! My middle girl wanted her room painted turquoise. I was trying to go that route but then the Annie Sloan fabric came to me and she liked the red and cream stripes for a Roman Shade. And I just cannot paint the walls turquoise with that fabric! I am planning to incorporate a bit of turquoise but not a whole wall of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a shame you don't have a donate button! I'd certainly donate to this fantastic blog! I suppose for now i'll
    settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
    I look forward to fresh updates and will talk about this site with my Facebook group.
    Chat soon!

    Here is my page ... best registry cleaners

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think you will ever regret that your daughter had her room exactly the way she wanted it. It looks like it is going to be such a fun, happy place and full of creativity.

    It will be fun to see the whole room!

    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each and every comment you leave. Thanks for stopping by.