Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Did Someone Say BLUE?



I have mentioned before.
I have a love/hate relationship with BLUE.

I have tried it on walls.
Some blue walls stayed/boys room.

Some have not/basement.

Blue is back in the house.
Disguised as aqua.

TRUE!



This aqua dresser.
It was plain brown last week.
I had bought the spray paint several weeks ago.
It took awhile to build up the courage.
Come on, it is only paint.
I did it.
I like it.

I asked Mr. M.
"How do you like the dresser?"  
It was still sitting in the garage, waiting to be accepted.
Waiting to be brought into the house.
"I thought you didn't like BLUE."  
He does pay attention.
"It's not blue, it's aqua, it is a summer color.
Anyway, it is only paint, and I can change it if I want to."
I brought the beauty into the house that night.
Accepted!


Simple can of spray paint and some gel stain.
Done in one day.


You may notice.
I have other blues in the room.
New pillows from HomeGoods. 
LOVE THAT STORE!

The picture on the wall, corner shields still on.
Not accepted yet.


Some more blue.
I can handle it in low doses.

Yellow, nope still have not accepted.
BUT, there is a great mustard dresser in the basement waiting for fall.  
MAYBE!

And you?
Is there a color you to love/hate?




7 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! I'm trying to work some aqua in also but it can't be too blue. Your chest looks wonderful with your slipcovered chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I love the dresser. I`m just like you. Love the color, but not much blue here.
    What a beautiful garden you have. Love it.
    I`m now your new follower.

    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think blue is small doses if just perfect. Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I love that color of blue and it looks just gorgeous! Love how you've dressed it up too!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am the same way with blue.I do like it but not in my home.Although like you I like turquoise maybe with it's bits of green it is more accepting.Love your dresser and those pillows are lovely!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it...nothing wrong with color, looks happy, fresh, pretty, crisp, beautiful, classy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the shade of blue makes all the difference. That dresser is a nice romantic shade and looks great in among your lights and whites. Now, if I see orange in your living room (Halloween excluded), I'm going to know something is seriously wrong.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each and every comment you leave. Thanks for stopping by.