Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Year of the Roses



This year my roses are just so happy.
So many buds.
I try not to buy hybrid or long stem roses because I found that I do not have the time nor the want to take care of them the way they needed.
So, I decided to find roses that work in the Northeast with minimal care.
Wild roses, Iceberg roses and shrub roses seem to be the ones.




This huge bush is a pink fairy rose.
I the next week or so it will be covered in little pink roses.
This rambling rose bush started out small, around 1 foot high.
Once the roses are spent the rose bush will bloom again later in summer.
They are one of my favorite, maybe that's why they are all throughout my many gardens.
I may have also picked up two or five more to plant this year.




I do not know the name of this rose. 
I have two of these planted in the new garden I planted by the garage last year.
They are full of pink rose buds. 




These were supposed to be all white.
I guess I failed on planting an all white garden this year.
I just couldn't resist these pink and white combos.




I made sure to get some of Mr. M's favorite foxgloves.


These are just waiting for a spot in the gardens.
And if I run out of room, I can always plan a new flower bed.
Yep, I'm a crazy gardener.
I have 10 yards of mulch being delivered this week.
A long weekend, beautiful weather and lots of Advil and I am all set!

How about you? 
Any special plans for the weekend?
Are you done gardening or just getting started?

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week.

I am joining Tracie from Fishtail Cottage for Cottage Garden Party.


Cottage Garden Party - button (3)




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful blooms ~ hope to see you link up this week to Fishtail Cottage's Cottage Garden Party????? xoox, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your followers are gorgeous....can hardly wait for mine to get filled out well. BTW, I'm your newest follower on Linky Followers and would for you to follow me. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! you linked.....featuring this post! oxox

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each and every comment you leave. Thanks for stopping by.