Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, February 11, 2013

Showing Love



Valentine's Day.
It is an extra special day in our house.

I started decorating the mantels in the living room and dinning room.






I went with simple in the living room.
All of these books are some from my mother's collection I inherited. 
I have them separated by color and they come in handy.
The book on the bottom stack under the pitcher is Worlds Greatest Letters.
Some of the books have dates back to 1912.

LOVE


Simple but it makes a statement.
Aren't the letters great. 
I found them at a craft show this past fall.


Lots of hugs and kisses here.



A sampling of the treats the kids will make for their teachers this Valentine's. 

Simple, that is my word for this year.

All of the snow we received this past weekend was put to great use.
Mr. M. and I took the kids and their friends sledding.
We all had lots of fun.

I hope all my East coast blogger friends were able to find a good way to enjoy the snow. 
Even if it meant staying inside relaxing.

You will have to stop back later in the week to find out why Valentine's Day is extra special for us if you don't already know.






6 comments:

  1. This is the prettiest Valentine's Day mantel I have seen so far this year! Very simple and original. The little lollipops are going to be so appreciated by the teachers...what a lovely thought!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that's a beautiful combination. The closeup in your banner is so pretty. You could frame that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your mantle with all the books. So pretty and original!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you enjoyed the snowy weekend...we did the same...lots of sledding by our little one and her friends!...Your mantels look so lovely...The red books are a wonderful touch...Happy Monday, Mariaelena

    ReplyDelete
  5. everything looks beautiful Alaina! Your lovely white house is the perfect background for the bright colours of the various holidays.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each and every comment you leave. Thanks for stopping by.