Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Daddy's Day



Daddy.
Dad.
Father.
Pop.

The special man in our lives.
The first man we loved.

My children helped me make a special Father's Day gift for their dad.



I saw the idea on a blog, but I could not remember which blog.
So, I did what any blogger would do.
I GOOGLED it!


Very simple.
Three paper lunch bags folded in half.
Using a hole punch, punch a hole in the middle at each end.


I used scrap paper from my stash.
Letter stickers from any craft store, also from my stash.
Pictures printed from computer.






Each of the kids had their own page.
A special picture, a saying from the internet and wording.


They loved going through all the photos looking for a special picture.


Each one of the kids wrote a special note to dad.
We tucked the notes into the three open ends of the bags.



After all the pictures were finished, I just tied a ribbon through the holes,
 and tied a pretty bow.
I also made a special envelope, also tied shut with the same ribbon.


Mr. M. really liked his DAD book.

Zero dollars.
Brought dad to tears.
PRICELESS!

We had a wonderful day.
Our annual Father's Day breakfast at a neighboring firehall.
A little work around the yard.
A bike ride with the kids.
Then we went and had dinner with my dad joined by my brother and sisters.

 I hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day too!


2 comments:

  1. This is waaaay darling sweetie. It almost brought me to tears so I would think he would be crying his eyes out! :)))
    I loved the post of your snowballs---aren't they the prettiest flower ever?
    sending big hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for every other excellent post. The place else could anyone get that type of information in such an ideal manner of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I'm on the search for such information.....Cccam Server

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each and every comment you leave. Thanks for stopping by.