Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, September 18, 2014

A Little Fall in the Mud Room



FALL is here.



I have been very busy with all the homework.
Helping the kids.
And
Doing my own!

I am not always the best with time management.
And
For me, creative does not equal organization.
So far from it!

However, I did manage to pack away most of my summer decor.

I only have just started decorating for Fall.
It is kind of squeezed in for a week or so before,
HALLOWEEN!!!


I swapped out the footstool for a small slipcovered chair.
I still need some artwork or plates on the wall.
I have not found any yet.
The hunt is the best part.
Now that the kids are back to school,
 I have more free time to go antiquing.


I like how the blue looks with the orange.


New pillow and table cloth are from TJMaxx.
I am debating whether to use the table cloth as a throw or
slipcover the little footstool that was in this room previously.


A pretty plate also from TJMaxx.

Any you, have you finished decorating for Fall?
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week.


10 comments:

  1. I love it. Fall colors are my favorite and you've done such a great job with your display.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fall decors and the pillow is adorable.
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I started decorating for fall? I am waaay behind. LOVE that pillow! I need to get to TJ Maxx!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great corner! Love the blues mixed with the fall colors. The chest is sooo cute! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your decorations are lovely! Just right for the time of year and a nice change from summer. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good evening Alaina! Nice to meet you. Thank you for coming to visit and for leaving a comment.

    I love your aqua dresser, and I believe in painting furniture too. I found a great French side table in the trash this summer and I've painted it GOLD and have washed it over with white Annie Sloan paint. It's gorgeous!

    Enjoy your fall decorating! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finished decorating?? HA ~ I pulled the boxes out of the cabinet and they are still sitting in the garage! Hmmm...you are much further along than me. BTW: That dresser is great! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are off to a great start with fall decorating...I know your plate is full with school for everyone. I will say that plaid is so big and I'm finding blankets and throws to be soooo expensive. Use yours wherever you can!! Love it!

    Thank you for your kind comment today...I think my hand surgery will go well...just have to keep those fingers moving!! :)

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your fall decor is lovely Alaina. I am crushin' on that blue chest for sure. I agree that hunting for things is the best. I always have to have something to hunt whether I need it or not :) I love your TJMaxx finds. I LOVE THAT PLACE!
    hugs from me...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking for a little Christmas at Arbor House Lane! I remember how beautiful your home has been in the past. :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each and every comment you leave. Thanks for stopping by.