Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Haunting



IT'S TIME!

The skeletons are hung, the webs are cast and most of the food is prepared.
Now we just wait for the ghosts and gobblins to arrive.

Well, actually it is early and I am taking a much needed break. 
 I do have a few last minute preparations, but they have to wait until just before the party is to begin.

I always tell my son that the DETAILS are most important. 
 They are what make the most impact.





I even make sure the bathroom reading material is a little on the spooky side.



even the lamp cherubs have their masks on.



The jars are full of yucky bits of this and that.



No corner is left unspooky.


I saw the idea of the crows in the branches on a Halloween link party and I thought it would be a great idea.


The food and drink stations are as spooky as ever.





Now just imagine seeing all of this in the dark lit only by candle light.

Well I am off to make some wonderful Bone marrow martinis.

Have a BOOtiful Halloween!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween Alaina!!

    All you need is the monster mash playing instead of Billy Joel on your blog lol!!
    Hope you get lots of trick or treaters!!
    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your decorating!!!!
    Enjoy your Halloween and the Bone Marrow martinis :)

    Suzann

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy frock, Alaina--how come I never noticed your little sidebar pictures of the different rooms in your house?!? Am I an idiot? They look gorgeous. Is that really your blog room? And now I am filled with shame, as I look at this disgusting little panelled pantry, and this computer desk PILED with papers. Sigh. Well, your Halloween decorations look great. Hopefully you'll post some party pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow woman. If you go to this much effort for Holloween what in the world must you do for Christmas?
    Are you going to put up Christmas after you clean up Halloween?

    You make me feel like a Halloween scrooge! We moved in a neighborhood that is not trick or treat friendly with an old folks mobile home park next door.

    Apparently by local myth our house is supposed to be haunted. So NOBODY comes to our house on halloween. I nearly peed myself when the kids told me from all their peers we live in a haunted house...LOL big time here.

    So needless to say I am thrilled by this fact. I need not buy any Halloween candy or make a messy pumpkin and get up every two minutes to answer the door.

    I put my years in doing halloween and now I am an old crouchy fart. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! You sure get in the "spirit"! Wonderful decorations. Have a fantastic Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your decorations look amazing, Alaina... love the skeleton peeking out of the vintage box under the table!
    Happy Halloween! :)
    xo ~ Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh I bet the party was a SCREAM!!!!Wahahahaha!
    It all looks so awesome Alaina!!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is all so fantastic! Looks straight out of a magazine.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Alaina, it's all just wonderful! You really did a great job, so creative and your photos are super. Looks like you all had such a fun time. Love the decor!!
    xo,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each and every comment you leave. Thanks for stopping by.