Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Finally Home





I have had this print for at least 10 years.
It had been waiting in the basement since the day I bought it.
Waiting for the right frame.

I found a frame several years later but they did not cross paths until about a year ago.
Then the print spent the next year at my father's home.
Waiting to be framed.

I finally brought it home Thanksgiving day.



I hung it in the living room.
I couldn't be happier, my picture is finally home.


I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

The Christmas music is blaring in my house and little children are wandering around singing the words they know.  We are decorating the BIG tree today and then I am almost done with my decorations.

Next week will be spent making lots and lots of Christmas cookies.
I have several new recipes I found on Pinterest that I am going to try.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.




9 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! So glad you finally got to bring it home. The frame alone is a treasure!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are surely a patient woman! 10 years! it is beautiful......have fun baking.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good because I can't wait to see you decorate for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...that frame is beautiful! Of course the print is, too!

    I'm looking forward to seeing your Christmas decorations. I need to start and I'm looking for some inspiration!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had the same print for ten years myself.
    It's always found a special place in the last 4 places we've lived in. As a matter of fact you can see it as the background in my last post, click over and check it out if you have a minute.

    Have a great week,
    Irma

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Being thankful brings joy. It's terrific!
    I love love love your Charlie Brown tree. And I agree, the faux trees and garlands shed at least as much as the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. where is all the girls chit chat? and wit behind the ears? do you know?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I think I'm in love with your painting and gorgeous frame Alaina!!!! It looks so beautiful hanging there, right where it should be.
    I am so happy to hear you had a great Thanksgiving and that you are home singing at the top of your lungs with the kids.
    hugs...

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each and every comment you leave. Thanks for stopping by.