Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, May 19, 2013

When I Grow Up



Do you remember when you were a kid and everyone asked
"what do you want to be when you grow up?"

I think I know.
I want to be a gardener.




A few pictures from Arbor House Lane Gardens.

I love flowers, planting, weeding, pruning.

I thought I was going to go simple this year due to a full schedule of BASEBALL.
Ah baseball.
If you are new to my blog then you might not know I have a hate love/hate hate relationship with the sport.
I do enjoy watching my children play, especially my daughter, she has an enthusiasm for the game that her brothers do not have.
I just am not enjoying being at the baseball fields 5 days a week.

I am a gardener.
I putter in my gardens.
I weed.
I plant.
I prune. 

I do not do BASEBALL!

Anyway, as I said I thought I was going to do easy this year due to lack of availability in my gardens.
NOPE!
I have already planted six pink fairy shrub rose bushes and I have about six more to plant.
I am also in the process of designing a new garden to work towards future pool privacy.
AND
I am hoping to talk Mr. M. into letting me turn our vegetable garden into a potager garden,
 otherwise known as a kitchen garden.

If you thought I have no time to garden, why on earth does Mr. M. think he has time to garden?
He is coach for one of my son's baseball teams and a coach helper for my other son's team.
So, my plan is to use this to my advantage and mix my flowers and his vegetables in one garden.

A potager in Richmond

Picture found here.

0413 garden

Picture found here.

Both of these pictures are great gardens.
I love the second picture for all the different heights but I think there may be too formal and too much shade for a vegetable garden.  

The fun thing about gardening is that you can always be creative with colors and styles,
within your zone of course.

How about you?
Do you know what you want to be when you grow up?

Have a wonderful weekend.
It is going to be a beautiful day to garden and get our pool ready, summer is on it's way!



1 comment:

  1. I love your story about gardening and the rocks. I'm an obsessive gardner and could live out there. My husband of 45 years knows when I'm thinking up a new project. When he sees me looking up under a tree, he says "stop that" as he knows I'm going to want to prune. Happy Gardening...Dawn

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each and every comment you leave. Thanks for stopping by.