Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Mantel

Happy White Wednesday girls!

I am showing you my mantel in the living room all dressed for the holidays.
I am joining Kathleen from Faded Charm for White Wednesday and I am also joining the mantel party over at Layla's The Lettered Cottage for the Holiday Home mantel party.

As some of you who have been following along already know,
 I tend to decorate in excess and Christmas is no exception.




And the stockings were hung by the chimney with care. 
Well actually there is one behind the fake mantel, we just haven't put the REAL fireplace in yet.




I like to sprinkle my collection of snowmen around the house.


I have tried working with fresh greens and found it does not work so well with animals and allergies.
So I try to find nice looking faux greens.


Look girls, happy dance, it's SNOWING!!!




Look at what happened while I was out grocery shopping for Christmas cookie supplies.

LOTS AND LOTS OF SNOW.

Just what we need for three young children to play in during their long weekend. 
Yeah!  I only ask that we have snow for Christmas.


Have a wonderful day.
Don't forget to stop and check out all the wonderful White Wednesday and Holiday Mantel blogs.

11 comments:

  1. Your mantel is just beautiful. Love the color combinations. Your santa in the globe with snow is adorable. Have a fun wintery day.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty--I especially love the snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always your decorating is just beautiful! I love your snowmen :) Enjoy that snow...my girls would love to see that much snow one day!! ~ Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the snowman in the vase! I'd love to get snow for one weekend for the kids to play in, then bring out the CA sun and get it out of here! Last time we went to the mountains during winter I spent most of my time on my behind. Graceful I'm not!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mantel. The snowman is just too cute. I just love fresh fallen snow. Too bad we don't get any here in Southern California where I live. But I did get to live in snow for 8 years in Utah when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty neat mantle -love the snowman in the jar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh...you are so lucky to have the white stuff!! i can only dream. your house is looking so pretty...i can't believe how MANY trees you put up. i know how much work is envolved! good job :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful excessive mantles are my favorite...real or fake! In our next house I am reserving a wall for my faux fireplace!!! Even if we have a real one!!!

    Yours is gorgeous!!!!

    I LOVED the snow today! The kids were outside for hours in it! We're looking at a house in Murray/Holley area!!!

    Have a lovely night,
    ~Kolein

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snow for your white wednesday post!!! My favorite part of your mantel is the greenery and ribbon hanging on the wall above!

    Cotton Blossom

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mantel display is just beautiful. My favorite part of your post however is the "snowy" pics. You really captured the beauty of the winter season. Makes me want to snuggle up by a fire with a good book.
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so beautiful! I love the nutcrackers for a boys tree. And the snow coming down on the birdhouse is so adorable. The snow men make me smile. I know I could get cozy in your home.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each and every comment you leave. Thanks for stopping by.