Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, March 1, 2013

We're Not Irish, but I Still Love Green




I worked on the living room mantel yesterday while home with a sick little guy.
I traded in the red books for some green ones.
Nope, we are not Irish.
But, I do love green.

For St. Patrick's day the kids find trails of gold chocolate coins.
This year I am going to try something a little different.
If you MOUSTACHE it will involve a green marker.

When I was a kid, my dad would paint shamrocks on our faces for the day.
I think my mom also made some kind of Irish dinner that I still don't like.


One of my favorite indoor garden angels.


Baby tears in ironstone.
Love the plant but it seems I tend to over water it, so each year I get a new one.
The moss M I made several years ago.
You can make one too with a letter and some sheet moss from Michael's.





You may have noticed I went with simple.
Books again, and other greens I could find around the house.
I went to a local nursery last week and stocked up on several new ivy for spring.
Green, white and silver.
One of my favorite combinations.

How about you? 
Do you decorate for St. Patrick's Day?

I am joining Courtney from French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday.  
Let me say, if you have never visited her blog, you must, you must.
I am also joining Debra from Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday, who is always has incredible displays in her home.
And my last party of the day is with Cindy from My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.
If you can think of a party I am missing, please let me know.
When I get home, my cocktail glass will be waiting. 


3 comments:

  1. I like your spring time mantle. Silver is so pretty with green and white.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet thing for your father to do Alaina! I love that! I also LOVE your new mantle vignette. So lovely. Your style is so beautiful and your family is so lucky to have you create such a home for them.
    I wish for you and your family a great weekend.
    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did to your mantel. Lately I've been so drawn to shades of green, and I'm going to borrow your idea and see if I can find some green books. Right now I've got vintage red books on mine. The moss letter and white pitcher is a classic look. Great job!
    Leslie (Gwen Moss)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each and every comment you leave. Thanks for stopping by.