Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, August 23, 2013

Progress



We have been working hard on our vacation.

Very hard!

We finished almost all the drywall in the master bedroom.


 This is the master bedroom looking from the master bathroom.

This is the view that Mr. M. said it is starting too really look like a room and he can start to visualize it.
I looked at him like he had two heads.
Seriously, now it is looking like something.

It started to look like something to me a LONG time ago!

Then I started to tell him how I see it coming together and where all the furniture will go, and the colors of the walls, and what kind of lighting.

I lost him.

Then I asked him, "did you happen to realize that this room is larger than our living room?"
He looked at me amazed, that had not really sunk in.

Anyway.

The wall near the table is where the bed will be placed.

The far wall with the hole is where the fireplace will be.
The outlets are for the tv and cable.
A sconce on each side.
I will put his lazy boy by the window, a small chair and couch for watching tv and reading.
The wall to the left is where I will put the pine armoire that currently houses our tv.
Oh I have plans for this room.


This is the left side of the room.
The two open doorways are our his and her closets.
I would eventually like to build a window seat in front of the windows.
There will also be a round table where we can put the contents of our pockets, keys and what not.


My closet!
All sanded and ready for a second coat of joint compound. 
Don't worry, I sanded Mr. M.'s too, I will finish them tomorrow.


The laundry room.
Waiting to be sanded and a second coat of joint compound.
I have already started showing Mr. M. the tile I would like to put in this room.


Honed Travertine floor and wall tile from HomeDepot.
I love the color, it will go with the dark wood we plan on putting in our bedroom.
I am also thinking of using a smaller square travertine tile on the fireplace surround.  Mr. M. started to glaze over when I showed him the different colors of tile.  I do love that he lets me make almost all of the decorating decisions, BUT, I would love his input at times.


The in-floor radiant heating was finished today.
Now we will be able to work on the room even in cold weather.


The new mantel waiting to be put in place.
I can't wait to decorate it.
Especially for Christmas.
There is a certain kind of tree in the garage I found at Sally during their Christmas in July sale, waiting, just waiting for that special time.
I can't wait!!!


This is one of the views looking down from our new bedroom window.
I can see all of the gardens.


We installed the french doors at the back of the garage.
Originally it was the plan to have a regular garage door.
BUT, when we built the deck, we realized that there was no way we would use it to move cars or the tractor in and out of the garage.

SO, I put in a brick patio and filled in the rest of the space with flowers.

These will be the party doors.
Yes, there is already a door there.
We are funny like that.
Someday I will have to tell you about the light switches in the mud room.

Now all we have to do is install the door knobs and put up some trim.


The doors let in a lot of natural light into the garage.


They look great and will come in handy for when we have large parties.

With no air conditioning and the threat of rain during my son's birthday party this past summer, we used the garage.
It worked perfect.

Each day we list what we would like to work on and what we can do for fun.

Wednesday we went to Six Flags amusement park, lucky for us, they had some rides down so we scored 5 free tickets to go back before the end of the season.

Thursday we went to the drive in theater to see Planes and Smurfs 2.

We are hoping to still fit in miniature golf, bowling, roller skating, bike rides and possibly visiting friends on Rushford Lake for some swimming, jet skiing and relaxing. 

 We play as hard as we work.

Only one and 1/2 weeks and the kids go back to school.
They are ready.
I am ready.



3 comments:

  1. Do men take a course in how to avoid decorating talk with the wives? My husband thinks I'm the only woman on earth who moves her furniture around at a constant rate! I'm showing him your blog post tonight. Love the patio that's viewed out your bedroom window. In fact, love everything about your home and blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your french doors in the garage idea. My garage is never clean enough for people to hang out in, yet they still do. At least I could get better flow in there that way. You should do a post on the radiant heat under the flooring some day. I'm interested to see how it works in the winter ('cause you obviously don't use it in the summer).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, what a fantastic bedroom you will get. That SIZE. I can`t wait to se when it`s finised. You should see ours. It`s so very small.
    Your house is just beautiful outside too. I love the french doors.

    Wish you a great weekend

    Hugs from here

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each and every comment you leave. Thanks for stopping by.