Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Painted Rug Progress



I bought the paint and brushes.
I traced the design on the floor.
I tested some colors.


Thank goodness my daughter started helping me trace some of this.
I was starting to think it would never end.
Oh yeah, I still have to paint it ALL!!!
What was I thinking?



I am using lots of bright fun colors.
This is the hallway that leads to the bedrooms and one place to be more colorful with design.



You may have noticed there are lots of details in the design.
I am hoping I can make it look as good on the floor as it does in my head.

You don't know how many times I called to my husband to see if I should continue or not.
Was I crazy to do this...yes.
It took me several days to get the design traced on the floor.
Let me tell you, you can only sit on a hard wood floor doing this before your butt and hand start hurting.

Mr. M. kept saying "looks great, keep going, you can't stop now."
Mmmmm.....this was all said from the comfort of the living room chair....downstairs.
I am going to finish it.
And guess what?
If I don't like it.....yep, just paint over it and pick another design.
I love paint!


Now, if only I could remember where I put those paint brushes.

Happy weekend.


4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see it all finished. I am thinking that this idea would be perfect in my hallway. I wouldn't be as industrious as you - just stripes.

    Have fun painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could come help you, I like jobs like this! What kind of paint are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine that it would be hard to find a comfortable position to do this in! You are a trooper. I do love the pattern and the bright paint. It's going to be gorgeous!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I can't wait to see this finished! I admire your drive and ambition! I just know it's going to look fabulous!!~~Angela

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each and every comment you leave. Thanks for stopping by.