Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Not Your Ordinary Corn Stalks





I have been very busy!

Many of you know that I have been getting ready because;
ARBOR HOUSE LANE is going to the flea market.

 I have been fortunate that creativity has been flowing from me this past month and I am enjoying creating new projects to sell.  I also have started a new job this week, it is going great and I am very happy with my decision to go back to work. 

I am sad though, my blogging has had to take a back seat and I was not able to get a post prepared for my favorite day WHITE WEDNESDAY. 

Today I am making up for it! 

 About 4 years ago I was lucky enough to have a shop located in a cute little cottage not far from my home.  Even better, there was another shop near mine that was a WHITE haven and the owner and I became the best of friends. 

 I am proud to call her one of my dearest friends.  My friend Nancy is an amazing artist and for many years she owed a shop that many may recognize from this area and Canada.

Abigail Sutters Cottage

For all of you WHITE lovers, it was a white dream.  Nancy has such vision to take something and turn it into amazing beauty.  I was lucky to have her in my life at this time when I needed her most.  Not only could she make things of such beauty, she shared her talents.  If I asked her how she was able to create something, she would not only tell me, but she would also show me.

This is something Nancy taught me.



Take something so simple as a bundle of corn stalks and make it BEAUTIFUL.
I have make several of these in the past few years for decorating in my home.
Now I am taking some to the flea market.






A typical fall colors corn stalk.





For those who decorate with PINK all year long.

Remember you only you can put limits on yourself! 
Put on your creative glasses and just see what you can do.
  Thank you Nancy for being such an inspiration to me.

Happy Friday everyone!


I will be sharing this with Cindy from My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday. 

28 comments:

  1. oH how I love corn stalks on the front porch in the fall. I miss them sooo much. Not too many corn stalks in the desert LOL
    They look amazing and I am happy to hear that your job is going so well!!
    Congrats with everything you are on a roll!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really pretty. Wouldn't have occurred to me that cornstalks could look so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS! Those are just gorgeous and I KNOW they will go like HOT CAKES! I'm excited about your new endeavors and your excitement is contagious ;-) Thank you for the tons of wonderful, uplifting comments you always leave me. They truly mean so much! I really do appreciate your prayers and I'm lucky to call you a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who would have thought corn stalks could be so pretty! These should be a hit and sell quickly.

    I just found your lovely blog and now I am your newest follower.
    Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're beautiful, very creative! I'm sure the extra ones you made for your sale will be gone...and well loved! Thanks for sharing! Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cornstalks are gorgeous!! I bet they will sell like hotcakes! I hope you have a fabulous and successful time at the flea market. Enjoy:) ~ Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where is the flea market? I *want* one of those corn stalks. Badly!

    They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love it, I am one of those that decorates with pink all year round, I love pink pumpkins! Even with the pink it says fall, Oh I wish I was going to be a your flea market, good luck and tell us all about it!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the special added touches Alaina, like the black spider!

    Good luck on your sale.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This look s so nice !!!!..happy day darling......love Ria......

    ReplyDelete
  11. One word....FAN tas tic!!

    My link for you... WIZARD OF OZ
    Do come by to say hello if you have time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pink one is beautiful, Alaina. Your flea market sale will be a sell out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so beautiful! Fall colors are not my favorite and this just shows how you can still keep your same color scheme even through the seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I guess I'd best be driving country roads and looking for cornstalks. I will go up to the door and kindly ask if I can have some to make this pretty arrangement with! Talented friend!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty! I could make one of those, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's very attractive and a great idea for those odd, tall spaces.

    BTW - we have a unique kitchen backsplash giveaway that might be useful to you or a friend. Please stop by our Giveaway Friday! Jane F

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I wish that I would have thought of that...what a great idea.
    I'll never look at a cornstalk the same again. Your creations are beautiful.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are lovely, but how do the flowers stay fresh - do you have oasis tucked in there, and just replace them?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now those are soooo cute. My fav is the one with the white! Love that idea. :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great look this is! I love to decorate with natural dried elements. This is right up my alley! Best to you with your market! Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that dried flowers!!!! And I'm also a white lover, so now I'm going to check all your posts I've missed during my holidays!
    Have a fantastic wek end!
    Mara

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgerous Alaina ! I have to go back and look again those corn stalks are so beautiful!!!

    Not only can you find the best pizza in our border towns but what about those chicken wings?!!!!
    I'm craving them too!

    Don't work to hard!
    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, gorgeous! I actually love the pink, such a nice combination of feminine and rustic! I love pink! Sweet little world here, so happy to find you and happy to be your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hola Alaina, you are a good student, your friend Nancy must be very proud of you. You created such beauties!!!
    cariños,
    maria cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  25. Alaina I hope that your sale goes great and if the cornstalks are any indication of what you have been creating for it, then it will be awesome!!! I wish you all the luck in your new job as well. I only know too well about how blogging has to take a backseat sometimes. Taking care of the garden this Summer and keeping up with all my children and their children has been kickin' my rear end.
    Thank you for the message you left for me today. You are so sweet to leave me such lovely words. They meant the world to me.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful! I so wish that I could come to your flea market!!!! Deb

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each and every comment you leave. Thanks for stopping by.