Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Decorating Friends



I visited a dear friend this week and I was blown away by her decorating.
Nancy and I met when she used to come to my first shop.
When my business partner moved away, Nancy offered to help me with my shop.
We have been friends ever since.

One of the reasons I loved working with Nancy is that she is so creatively talented. 
She can whip up a beautiful display and it was always a joy to come in after she worked to see how she would work her magic.
 
I was never disappointed.

Even though it is not Christmas and most of us have put away our decorations, I wanted to share some of Nancy's decorating with you.


Did you happen to notice the fence post.
She brought the outside in.

Every corner you turn there is a vignette to please the eye.



Every room you go in there is something wonderful to look at.
I love her use of texture.


Nancy has an amazing quilt collection.
I just love all her red and white quilts.




This display greets you when you come in the side door from the garage.
So much thought goes into placing each decoration.



Nancy does a wonderful job mixed old and new together.



This is Abbey, such a adorable, playful dog.
I know my next dog is going to be a Westie.


Isn't that the cutest face!
She just the sweetest dog I have met.


I just can't wait to come back in Spring, Nancy said she uses more WHITE in her decorating.
I am hoping she will come and give me some inspiration with my home.



 

8 comments:

  1. Alaina,

    Beautiful Christmas vignettes! I especially like the old cart with the bird house on it. (and Abby of course!) I just can't help but wonder how long it takes to set up, dismantle and where does it all get stored?

    Your Friend,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed the fence right away - loved it. And I collect bear figures, so I noticed all of the fun teddy bears tucked into displays. Gorgeous displays that your friend has created! I also wonder about storing everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, She has created some wonderful Christmas vignettes! I especially love the first picture with the fence post and wagon.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this a home or stall?
    A very talented girl because doing a display is not so easy...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what lovely and sweet vignettes! Is this your friend's home? I agree, little Abbey is simply adorable! I have a friend who has a little Westie - they are precious.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful vignettes!!They look gorgeous.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...Nancy just has the most beautiful holiday decor and vignettes. I love the big rustic wreath and of course, the fence posts. Gorgeous! I grew up with a Westie just like Abbey, how pretty she is!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful Christmas decor:-)
    Hugs, Biljana

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each and every comment you leave. Thanks for stopping by.