Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

THE GOOD, THE BAD and THE WHITE




Happy Wednesday! 

Payday-GOOD!

Sick child-BAD!

THE WHITE!





TJ Maxx just opened a new location 5 minutes from my work.
Guess where I was on my lunch break on Monday.
OH YEAH, I scored this beautiful candle holder!


I finally caved in and bought another small cabinet from my favorite local craftsman.
I have heard rumor that a friend may be opening a new shop for the summer and she will be featuring more of his creations. 


Just look at the detail and the paint job, would you guess this is made and not antique. 
The man has talent!


Now do you think I can make this black cabinet to look like the cabinet above with some of that paint Miss Mustard Seed is raving about?  I hope so, I just bought two cans, and I don't know if it is spring fever but one of the cans is blue.
I am not a blue person but I can't help it, I can't get that robin egg blue out of my head.


How about these cuties.
They are pin cushions made from vintage doilies. 


Mmmmm.....now I know what I can do with all those doilies I bought last week.

Well I have lots to do this week.
How about you, any projects to keep you busy.

Oh and guess what, it was 70 last Sunday and I worked in my flower garden ALL day long.
Happy, oh so happy!

I will be joining Kathleen from Faded Charm for White Wednesday, Debra from Common Ground for Vintage inspiration Friday and Cindy from My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday and maybe a few other parties.  I'm in a party mood.




17 comments:

  1. Love all your white treasures. That candle holder looks old I was surprised that it is new. Cute cute cabinet too.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alaina, the cabinet is so awesome! yeah! we will talk soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That candlestick was a great find Alaine, I love TJ Maxx too!! Love your new cabinet!! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your new cabinet, and great find at TJ Maxx. I'll be curious to see how you like the chalk paint too...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cabinet is just beautiful! I'd love to have room for even one! And I don't blame you for coveting the robin's egg blue color...I have been thinking of doing several picture frames in it!

    Love TJ Maxx, but would be afraid to be SO close to one! lol!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the candleholder - I thought it was an old one! Wonder if my TJ Maxx has these???

    Love the little pin cushions.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for payday, sorry for your sick one......but the whites are awesome!!! The cabinet is A-MAZING!!!! Love it!!! (and I would so need a second job.....I'd be broke if I were close to a TJ Maxx!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh oh, you should request to be transferred to another branch -- one with no Home Goods/ TJ Maxx in sight!

    Love your new cabinet. What a talented man!

    We had ONE nice day and it's rained everyday since.

    Your Friend,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  9. O.k I would have chased you to get that candle stick from you...and that cabinet is stunning!!!!! LOVE this post...hope everyone feels better soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your new cupboard! It really does look old. Robin's egg blue is my favorite! It would look so good on your other cupboard! The candle holder is wonderful! Gotta love T.J.Maxx!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do let me know how the paint turns out! I keep going to the website, but can't make myself buy paint from online. I'm so visual, I really need a color card to carry around in my hand or something. I'll get over it I'm sure, but in the mean time I plan on living through you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your candleholder and cabinet, gorgeous!
    Have a lovely day!
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the White ~ That what cabinet is Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am drooling over that candlestick holder...yummy. That cabinet is wonderful...that guy really does amazing work:o)
    Cheers,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your header is just gorgeous!!

    The cabinet is wonderful!! So happy I stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Alaina,

    Wanted to add, I've used chalk paint and wax and it is a wonderful medium to work with. Once you use it, you'll be hooked.

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just admiring all your white lovelies.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each and every comment you leave. Thanks for stopping by.