Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, July 8, 2011

Dressed for Parties

I hope everyone is having a lovely summer!

I have been busy as I am sure many of you at this time of year.
Lots of baseball, swimming, gardening and birthday planning.



I thought I would share some photos of my home as I took them just minutes before my guests arrived for our annual 4th of July party and my son's birthday.
I literally cut these roses earlier that morning.
I love the combination of all the different colors of roses.


Look Sara, I made my 4th decoration.
The little piece of wood I bought while on vacation with my girlfriend and I had this final picture in mind.  I am so glad it turned out perfect.


The dinning room is one of my favorite rooms in my home,
 sadly to say it also one of the most unused rooms. 
 But, it still looks pretty waiting.



Here is the cabinet that I finally finished painting with the chalk paint.
I did wax it with clear wax but no distressing, daily life with three children will take car of that.


Here is a peak at the new fire pit area, it is just beyond the path leading from the brick patio.
We had a wonderful day!
The weather was perfect, the food was plentiful and the air was filled with laughter. 
Family parties just can't be beat!

I am happy to be joining Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday.

 


 Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.



And Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday.


Feathered Nest Friday

 Make sure to stop by and visit these lovely blogs for inspiration.
I want to thank everyone who stops by and have a wonderful weekend.

9 comments:

  1. I just love that bouquet of roses. Wish I could photograph it. Your home is beautiful.
    MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alaina,

    While tending to my own gardens, I often pause and wonder how you are. Your roses are stunning. Are they as fragrant as they are beautiful? Your home looks quite festive. How could anyone not enjoy a celebration there?

    Happy belated birthday to your son.

    Your Friend,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree Alaina. They are the best!
    You have the loveliest outdoor spaces my friend. Your shrub roses are glorious!
    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I want to peek closer at your dining room hutch...

    http://jeanneselep.blogspot.com/2011/07/schumann-bavaria-china.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, i am very interesting when viewing your blog. It is full with my interests in garden, roses and cup/teapot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh it looks, lovely. all of it. i am haapy that you could enjoy it all, and breathe it in....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks fabulous! Your roses are gorgeous!

    Waving from Our Back Porch,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alaina, your home is just so inviting...everything about it just shows that love is the main ingredient in your home and family life. Your dining room is just a wonderful spot!!! Love that cabinet. thanks for linking up! xoxo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Alaina, I just found your blog from Romantic home linky and I have to say, I love the little garden path to your firepit. I love a good family party too! Great job on that cabinet you painted.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each and every comment you leave. Thanks for stopping by.