Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Boy Draws AGAIN


  
I wrote a post last year HERE about my oldest son and his drawing.
He still is.
And
He is getting even better at it.



A couple of weeks ago, while in the garage puttering around, my son drew a picture on a piece of wood.  Knowing the wood was going to be painted, I asked my son to redraw the picture for me again on paper.  But, this time he drew in marker and not pencil and it did not have the details, so I kind of forgot about it.
Well, the following weekend said boy was grounded in his room, too many misbehavior's in school.

A little time away from Saturday morning cartoons brought out the creativity in him.

He brought down a whole page of ALIENS.



(hey Sara, did you notice he spells as good as his mother)

These new pictures have depth that none of his other pictures have had before.
He is learning and teaching himself how to draw better.
I can guarantee you, he is not learning this in 4th grade art.

YES, my son is only 9 years old.


I know I can't.
How about you?
Can you draw better than a fourth grader?

He is now working on a project for a school competition about diversity.
At the request of his art teacher.

He has told me that he wants to work for George Lucas and create new Star Wars figures.
I told him that is a good plan.
BUT, he has to pass fourth grade and pay attention in school first.

I am not too worried about him.
 I have a feeling he is going to be just fine.




7 comments:

  1. I've a feeling he is extremely talented! And needs to continue to nurture this talent. Children need time away from all the videos and such to foster their creativity. You're a good mom! He will thank you one day.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is some talent!! I think he will go far in the art world.

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures Alaina, thanks for sharing! Loved all the different Aliens. What an awesome job wish he has too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have my daughters drawings as well, your son is showing real talent in the areas of graphic arts keep him interested perhaps we will see his talent in comic books of sorts and cartoons :)

    have a beautiful Sunday
    xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well those aliens are superb. He just might get that job.......maybe you need to think up a new punishment.......drawing seems like too much fun for a grounding....LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's amazing. And no, I don't draw better than a fourth grader. Not even better than a first grader.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful picture! My son has been drawing things that I noticed at age 2. He just turned 4...I didn't think anything of it until his preschool teacher told us about his skill. I think your son is talented - have him work on some more wonderful projects that he enjoys. Can't wait until you post more from him! What an awesome 4th grader! :)

    Hugs,
    Jessie

    P.S. I can't draw like that..at all! lol

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy each and every comment you leave. Thanks for stopping by.